Streamline Application Security Across the Entire Development Lifecycle with Torq.
TLDR: Application Security
- Save valuable time by providing repeatable checks for code security best practices and third party libraries
- Automate and create interactive controls and checks inside development pipelines
- Improve time to resolution or time to patch by automating the response of security events triggered by WAAF/WAAP solutions
What is Application Security?
Application security is the process of applying measures and controls to minimize risk stemming from vulnerabilities, loss of business (availability) or data exposure/leaks, due to challenges in the source code, third party libraries, infrastructure deployment or at the web/mobile front ends or API endpoints.
Applications over the past few years have evolved from monolithic, on-prem hosted apps to distributed and cloud native architectures. This move has opened the door to more agile deployments based on the continuous integration and continuous development methodology (CI/CD) which has provided a repeatable and automated process for the application lifecycle where security is a key component.
Organizations securing applications focus on some or all of these areas:
- Code Security
- Third Party Library (Supply chain security).
- Vulnerability Scanning
- Infrastructure as Code Security (IAC)
- Web & Mobile Applications
Benefits of Automating Application Security
- During Application Development
- Improve agility and streamline development processes by integrating steps that automate the security research or investigation tasks
- During Application Deployment
- Integrate security controls within the CI/CD pipeline and add real time collaboration across multiple business owners in the organization
- Post Application Deployment
- Improve time to resolution by automating the response and resolution of Web and API security alerts
How Torq Automates Application Security
- Integrate Torq with your code repository to automate security checks and to build interactive workflows that can interact with the code owner
- Add Torq as part of your CI/CD pipeline to perform automated checks or actions that interact with internal or external security tools and systems
- Create interactive workflows to automate and improve the efficiency and time to resolution during a security incident detected by web and API security solutions (e.g., WAAF, WAAP, Next Gen WAAF)
Start Automating in Minutes
With Torq, any security professional of any skill level can easily connect multiple tools into an automated workflow that can be run as needed — triggered from an alert, or according to a schedule.Get started automating today! Zero coding or API knowledge required.