Automate Cloud Security Posture Remediation
Keep your cloud infrastructure secure and compliant with automation and orchestration workflows from Torq.
TLDR: Cloud Security Posture Management
- Cloud Security Posture Management (CSPM) is essential for keeping any public cloud deployment secure and compliant
- Public Cloud deployments are very dynamic. Different components change rapidly and have owners across the enterprise, making it difficult to respond effectively to misconfigurations, compliance violations or security alerts
- With Torq, cloud security posture findings can automatically trigger interactive workflows for cross team collaboration, event investigation and automated remediation of posture findings
- Torq can effectively update policies and configurations, rollback deployments, orchestrate collaboration with various role-players or perform other automatic operations
What is Cloud Security Posture Management?
Public Cloud or cloud native deployments (such as Kubernetes clusters) are based on configuration templates and, in some cases, manual administration — both of which are open to mistakes.
Many of the cloud security incidents that are reported within such environments are due to misconfigurations in the public cloud control plane.
Cloud Security Posture Management solutions provide the capabilities to continuously monitor the configuration, reduce risk, maintain continuous compliance and in some cases, assist in mitigating the results of such misconfiguration.
Once the findings are surfaced and prioritized, resolving them (unless automated) can become quite a significant undertaking, involving multiple owners/role-players across the organization and requiring a detailed follow-up and management to ensure conversion.
Due to the dynamic nature of managing infrastructure in IaaS or PaaS environments, such findings are not one-time events but a phenomenon that occurs on a daily basis — even increasing in frequency as the level of cloud adoption in the organization rises. If not automated, handling these can overwhelm various teams and/or leave important cloud resources compromised.
Benefits of Automating Cloud Security Posture Response
- Reduce alert overload: Organizations should take a prevent first approach for critical findings — which mean that automatic remediation should occur in as near as real time as possible
- Improve time to remediation and collaboration: Organizations with complex infrastructure and multi-tiered organizations can face challenges when collaboration is required to solve an issue. Automation that interacts with other teams is key to maintain an acceptable time to remediate an incident
- Streamline and Improve collaboration: Create human-in-the-loop orchestrated processes that improve collaboration across teams and departments, no matter their tools of choice. Provide the benefits of faster mitigation without risky, 100% automated, remediation.
- Accomplish real time continuous compliance: The best way to prevent incidents is to be proactive. This means shifting security left by implementing remediation flows that are flexible and simple to edit, modify and create. Security teams need to be able to leverage flows that work with their existing CI/CD pipelines and IT ticketing/deployment systems
Accelerate Cloud Security Posture Remediation with Torq
- Trigger automated Torq workflows upon Cloud Security Posture findings on the leading IaaS and PaaS solutions (e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, etc.)
- Automatically enrich findings with aggregated data from multiple systems (e.g., CI/CD, Ticket Management, Asset Management, etc.)
- Create interactive workflows using communication and collaboration tools like Slack and Jira that ensure DevOps and IT teams take necessary action to address security risks
- Remediate findings by automatically applying policies to resources, rolling back changes to stable state, and performing platform-specific operations on Kubernetes clusters, databases, etc.
- Integrate Torq Remediation actions with CI/CD and other DevOps pipelines
Start Automating in Minutes
With Torq, any security professional of any skill level can easily connect multiple tools into an automated workflow that can be run as needed — triggered from an alert, or according to a schedule. Get started automating today! Build workflows with an easy drag and drop interface today. Zero coding or API knowledge required.