Secure Access to Sensitive Data
Replace traditional risky Privileged Access approaches with automated workflows that do the work for the operator. Drastically reduce security risks and improve compliance.
TLDR: Secure and Controlled Access to Sensitive Data and Environments
- In an IT services world increasingly guarded by security and privacy regulations, accessing production environments that contain sensitive data is a challenge
- The “traditional” approach of mitigating the risks associated with accessing the environments relies on Just-in-Time Access and PAM (Privileged Access Management)
- In the vast majority of cases, the accessing party only needs to collect operational data or perform predefined maintenance activities
- Torq enables replacing the access with predefined and pre-rehearsed automated workflows that can be triggered by authorized personnel, drastically reducing the risk associated with providing and managing access
What is Access to Sensitive Data?
Modern organizations operate software service environments dealing with sensitive data about their business, customers, financial transactions, and more.
While the sensitive data itself is handled by software applications, in order to perform operational maintenance (e.g., perform lookups in logs, calibrate configuration of application services, investigate service errors), operational role-players will require access to the environments hosting them — and the data therein.
Even though access is provided for valid reasons, it is often very difficult to restrict the ability of an accessing party to get exposed to sensitive information.
What Does it Mean to Replace Risky Access with Automated Workflows?
- Most of the operations performed during such access sessions are repeatable and predictable (e.g., retrieving usage data on application and infrastructure components, performing maintenance operations on the same components, deploying configuration updates, etc.)
- Users don’t get access to the actual environments, but they can trigger predefined processes to run inside the environments, using RBAC flows and convenient operational practices, such as Chat Bots
- Each automated workflow will not just perform the desired operations, but will also ensure proper audit trail, filter our sensitive data and notify relevant role-players and/or ask for their approval
How Torq Automates Access to Sensitive Data
- Trigger automated workflows retrieving operational information or performing maintenance operations from Slack/Microsoft Teams, CLI, or Web UI
- Verify the identity of the accessing user and the context for the access, with Identity Providers (e.g., Okta, Azure AD) and On-Call Management Systems like PagerDuty and OpsGenie
- Perform the relevant operations by automating REST API, SSH Sessions, and Database Access, and communicate with the accessing party using interactive conversational flows
Start Automating in Minutes
With Torq, any security professional of any skill level can easily connect multiple tools into an automated workflow that can be run as needed — triggered from an alert, or according to a schedule.Get started automating today! Zero coding or API knowledge required.