Email Phishing Response
Reduce investigation time and security teams event overload with flexible email phishing workflows.
TLDR: Email Phishing Response
- Retrieve attachments and links; scan, detonate, and deliver results
- Automatically quarantine email threads, endpoints, and trigger threat hunting and remediation flows
- Automate user communications
- Automate threat hunting to allow for search of IOCs and data mapping across the organization
- Quarantine or block compromised endpoints automatically
What is Email Phishing Response?
An email investigation can be triggered by email security solutions or by users reporting potential phishing, spam or malware findings. Upon the incident being reported, a security analyst will have to initiate a series of tasks to find the risk level of the alert before coming up with a verdict.
The tasks include an analysis and investigation of the event to scope and assess the criticality/impact of the threat and whether the event has affected end users. Once the assessment is complete, it’s followed by containment and remediation activities.
An analyst will perform the same activities for each incident potentially hundreds to thousands times per week. This makes it very difficult to scale security operations, and can quickly overwhelm a security team — putting the overall organization at risk.
Benefits of Automating Email Phishing Response
- Improve the efficiency and consistency of the investigation
- Eliminate manual data collection, research and enrichment
- Reduce human intervention and operational costs
- Be responsive to phishing incidents, even when your security team is offline
- Use the collected data on and block IOCs in additional security tools
- Notify the end-user automatically on the findings
- Proactively identify and prevent the same attack in other users’ mailboxes
How Torq Automates Email Phishing Response
- Automatically collect alerts and perform data enrichment from various sources, including monitoring of mailboxes
- Extract IOC from the body and header of the email — such as attachments, URL, sender and display name
- Automate the detonation of files , links, etc. using your security product of choice
- Expand your IOC search on additional security tools such as EDR, SIEM, etc.
- Search additional mailboxes, computers and storage services for IOCs Blocklist IOC on your security tools, Email protection, EDR, SIEM, etc.
- Delete the malicious email from all inboxes
- Notify users via automated email or instant messaging
- Easily customize , add new systems and modify your investigation flow without the need to write special code or apps
Start Automating in Minutes
With Torq, any security professional of any skill level can easily connect multiple tools into an automated workflow that can be run as needed — triggered from an alert, or according to a schedule.Get started automating today! Zero coding or API knowledge required.